Monday, November 8, 2010

Last days ... friends and family.

You can click each image once or twice for a larger view.

Host grandmother, "mother," sister, and me.

Malika and Fatna, the two young women
from the nedi nesswi who took charge
of our local health workshops and
became such good friends to me.

Fatima, who crocheted me a hijab,
and her adorable son, Youssef.

Last day at the dar chebab.

Last henna ~ the amazing freehand work
of my host sister Kabira. The left hand
is "moderne," the right hand is
traditional Tashelheit designs.


With my completed henna, wrapped
up in the new lizar I gave my host mom.

Granny shelling almonds from the farm.
Last couscous, and the most delicious
one yet (in the end, it turned out to be
my second-to-last couscous).




2 comments:

Molly said...

Beautiful photos, as always. Safe travels, Becki! I can't wait to see you in 3-dimensional, full process color :-)

Molly

Anna Jo said...

Hooray! Let us know if you're in the area and we'll figure out a way to meet up!